Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Chickpet and Raja Market - My official wedding gift to a friend!!

"Don't wear high street fashion if you want to bargain." These were the exact words which my friend fired at me when we decided to go on wedding shopping to Chickpet and Raja Market (before you imagine anything out of ordinary, it was for my friend's wedding).

The places I am sure are synonymous to all Bangaloreans who have a wedding function happening in their household or even otherwise. I have heard of these places as well but never had a first hand experience of it. This time, I finally decided to shed the fear and take a stroll on the streets. I don't think I would have done that without this friend of mine.

We took an auto from one of the signals at Majestic and directed the auto-driver to Chickpet circle. He obviously was the no-meter auto that we encounter on Bangalore streets. As we got off and started walking through the streets, I, after a very very long time sensed the fear of getting lost on the streets directionless. I repeatedly kept asking my friend to stay in the range of my visibility. She obviously was a pro at walking such busy streets while I was struggling my steps forward.

As I walked behind her, there came a point where I saw a bull pulling the cart coming right on to me. I screamed my lungs out thinking the bull would charge at me anytime because I came in its way!! That was the most scariest moment and I realized I managed to get the attention of few passer-by's due to the screaming.

She also mentioned that we should take a walk in the very famous Raja Market. While the name sounds majestic, it is no way close to it. This place is no less than a maze with so many entries and exits. Every entry/exit had a Raja Market board written in some AD which had so many cobwebs and rust around it. What surprised me was people thronging this place even in the scorching heat with sweat dripping down their foreheads.

As much as it was a thrilling experience for me, I am not very sure if I would be confident and brave to venture this place again.

The final cherry on the cake was the auto ride back. The auto driver who finally agreed to give us a ride had an auto which was completely air-conditioned and no BHP whatsoever. I leave it to one's imagination on how the auto looked and rode us back.

I don't know if I have to thank her or I have a rage towards my friend to let me experience this wonderland. Well for once I will be nice and Thank Her for this madness. Adios!! until I am back from her wedding and perform my duties as a bride's maid!!

1 comment:

  1. Did you realize there is a 12 word sentence you can communicate to your crush... that will induce deep feelings of love and instinctual attraction for you buried inside his chest?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, please and protect you with all his heart...

    12 Words Will Fuel A Man's Love Instinct

    This impulse is so built-in to a man's genetics that it will make him try better than ever before to make your relationship as strong as it can be.

    As a matter of fact, triggering this powerful impulse is so binding to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that the second you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will immediately notice him open his mind and heart for you in such a way he never experienced before and he'll distinguish you as the only woman in the world who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete