Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Beautiful Bali

When some hear's the name Bali, the few immediate images that come to your mind are the scenic beauty of the place, tropical sun gazing through the mountains, never before seen the sunset. I was no different in expecting this and maybe more.

Talking to a few close friends, I thought I was quite geared up for a relaxing trip. But to have the much desired laid back trip, one must go through some bumpy rides for sure. The carrier plane to Bali crash lands (a little exaggerated here ;)) you at the Denpasar Airport. What you wish is a slow-paced airport and people ready to welcome you, but to my surprise, what I witnessed is the lively airport, bustling with the crowd who were excited to visit this place as much as I was.

I was picked up by my very friendly driver, Kittu, we drove through the sunny day from the airport to the resort. It was a good 45minutes drive from the airport. What I found interesting as we traveled through the roads were the many beautiful buildings some of which were half done and some of them that spoke volumes of the culture of Bali.

The Grand Mirage Resort
I was lucky to visit two of the most spectacular sunset points in Bali just right in time when the sun was setting. First was the Tanah Lot and the second being the Uluwatu. As I explored these places, I realized that the local people in Bali are so warm and welcoming towards tourist. They are so cheerful with their daily chores that it is hard to not have a cheerful day.
Sunset at The Tanah Lot

Uluwatu


For all the seafood lovers, this place has the best salmon to offer. I must say I haven't eaten such a lip-smacking salmon in ages.

Street shopping is a must in Bali to pick a few local offerings. Although the place is filled with tourist, the island is still quite affordable no matter what your taste is. The only catch being, you have to be extremely proficient at bargaining.

In general, Bali enjoys bright, sunny and warm weather all through the year. For all the water sports fanatics, you will be spoilt for choice.

I also had a chance to witness The Devdan Show - a magnificent display of art and culture under one roof. I had minimalist expectations from this show as my past experiences in theatre and art haven't lived my expectations. But The Devdan Show made up for all the loss. The dancers were spot on with their moves. The stage was a grandeur. I was wondering how the 3-hour long show kept the audience yearning for more.
The Devdan Show

The Dancers and Theatre Artist performing at The Devdan Show


Bali definitely has something to offer for everyone. I have saved my next trip Bali to venture more with a lot more time at hand. 4 days spent there went in a jiffy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment