Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Toscano - The Perfect Italian Casual Dining

It’s my first time ever to be writing about a cuisine and the food that I had recently at a very famous Italian restaurant situated on the 2nd floor in UB City, Bangalore. I don’t claim to be a connoisseur of food, nor an expert of how authentic a cuisine can be. I just love eating out at new places and hence, thought I should pen down my experience about it. My attempt here is to give an experience; I had at the restaurant, the ambiance, the food and those other aspects that you would look for when scouting for a place to eat.

After a long thinking about the load on wallet and the cuisine, I zeroed down on visiting Toscano to give my palate an Italian experience. To begin with, it’s one of the places in UB city that definitely stands out as you stroll through the place which has lot many offerings. In a corner, with nice open garden seating like ambiance is Toscano. Getting a table was not difficult although I walked in without a reservation. But if you are looking to dine in with a bigger bunch, then I would recommend you reserve a table as the place gets crowded with time.

Toscano had many chalk boards put up and a lot of trivia written here and there. Also was a barrel which consisted of a very nice vintage arrangement of wine bottles (empty ones ;) from all over the world on display.  
Vintage Wine from all over the world on one barrel
With Menu in hand it was time to order food. The Menu had a nice range of spread for the entrée, desserts and drinks (yes they serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks).
I ordered a Mojito Thirsty Pomegranate with Lemon and Pineapple syrup. The drink was very refreshing, not over sweet not very acidic. Along with it I was served some nice Bread with Pesto and Olive Butter while I waited for my food to arrive.
Bread with Pesto and Olive Butter

As for my entrée I ordered Toscano’s House Caesar Salad with Poached and Marinated Shrimps. This cold salad of shrimps accompanied with cheese and lots of greens was very soothing and light on the stomach. The crunch of the greens along with the shrimps came together really well.
Toscano's House Caesar Salad with Poached and Marinated Shrimps

I couldn't resist myself and ordered for another seafood appetizer. It was the - All-time favorite Smoked Salmon with Tartare complimented with sliced Pommery Mustard Apple Salad and Fresh Mixed Greens. Although the salmon was a little salty, what balanced the dish was the mustard apple salad. The light acidic flavor of the apple with nice black olives gave a great texture to the salad.
Smoked Salmon with Tartare complimented with sliced Pommery Mustard Apple Salad and Fresh Mixed Greens 
Having done with my hors d’oeuvre now was the time for the main course. The main course menu is vast and the staffs surely know what goes in the dishes. I was suggested a Chicken de Toscano – Sage Infused Chicken Breast stuffed with Spinach and Ricotta Cheese complimented with Mixed Vegetable Ragout and Parsley Vegetables. The filling of chicken breast with spinach and ricotta cheese makes the dish so scrumptious. The chicken is really moist and the vegetable ragout just adds the right amount of zesty flavors. 
Chicken de Toscano

I was also suggested Pollo alla diavola – Chicken Breast pan friend in Garlic and Pepper Sauce and served with Mashed Potatoes and Butter Peppered Mixed Vegetables for main course. Although I was full with Chicken de Toscano, this sure was something I dint want to miss. The pan fried chicken breast in garlic and pepper sauce was mouth-watering. The aroma of caramelized pungent garlic was a winner. But what came by surprise was a twist in mashed potatoes. It was mixed with risotto, olives and some mint that added great flavors. 
Pollo alla diavola
Once the main course was done, it was time for the sweet moment. Yes, the dessert. I ordered Toscano’s all-time favorite Tiramisu with Crème Anglaise, Cocoa and Coffee Ice Cream. The plating of this dessert surely deserves a mention. The finesse with which the crème anglaise was spread and the coffee ice cream on the tart was an absolute art. I am not a great coffee fan but the aroma of coffee however was enriching. 
Tiramisu with Creme Anglaise, Cocoa and Coffee Ice Cream

Unfortunately, this dessert dint impress me as much as I thought. Hence, to beat the low-spirited mood, I ordered another dessert - White Chocolate and Mango Pave –served with Stewed Apple Chutney, Melons and Cherry Sorbet. This filled the void that I had experienced in the first one. The Mango Pave was smooth and buttery. The sorbet was refreshing. The colors were a delight to eyes. A total justice to have spoon fights over.
Mango Pave with Stewed Apply Chutney, Melons and Cherry Sorbet

All in all, it was worth a visit to Toscano and this restaurant has truly changed my view of the Italian cuisine. The service is prompt. Place is clean. Music is apt with a lot of instrumental jazz on their playlist. The place definitely serves a good meal and the presentation of every dish is done with a lot of patience.

Address:  2nd Floor, UB City, Lavelle Road Bangalore
Phone: 080- 41738800
Price Pack: Yes its pricey, a little over Rs 2000/-
Cuisine: Italian
Valet Parking : Yes






2 comments: