Monday, December 26, 2016

My tyrst with Mr. Insomniac

Every time when someone would ask me, "Hey, did you sleep fine?", I flustered to answer this question. Most of my friends would easily respond saying they had a good nights sleep. I always failed to comprehend what is a good nights sleep and how does one have a good nights sleep?

Is it to snore your way to glory? Is it the tiredness after great sex (I say that because, all my friends are married and love their spouses)? Is it the rumbling sound of the fan which is critical to put you to sleep? Is it the nice playlist on your phone which is a must? Is the bed time stories to tell your child while you put them to bed? Is it a nice book by the bed side you read before you close your eyes into the imaginary world? Is it the romantic movie you watch which magnifies your dreaming capabilities? I can go on and on..... but fail to understand how does one achieve a good nights sleep?

As I wonder on most of the days to get the answer to this question, I realized that during the nights I began falling in love with an imaginary soul - Mr.Insomniac. The more days I was awake, the more deeper we got connected. As funny as it might sound, but Mr.Insomniac doesn't really answer any of my questions, because he knows, if he did I would dump him. *wink*.

Well we started talking almost every night and I must say Mr.Insomniac is quite a personality and a great company. He ensures to make every single night of mine very interesting and longer than the previous one. He just doesn't give up even when I ask him to leave me alone for sometime. Such thick is our friendship. And what can I say, I see it growing deeper and thicker with every passing day.

As much as I like Mr.Insomniac and don't want my tryst with him to come to an end, I wish he understands that I need my space too. Yes Mister, you need to be alone on some days and  let me be alone as well. Only then will this friendship last longer, else you would see it gone before even one of us realizes.




No comments:

Post a Comment